Behringer DEQ2496 Operational Questions

For you Behringer DEQ2496 experts:

As far as the AUTO EQ function:

1) The manual explains what the ROOM CORR function does, but it doesn't explain why; any idea why this function should be used?

2) When you activate AEQ, the unit allows you to set a 'desired frequency response curve'. I don't see any way of saving target curves, so why apply it before the AEQ runs? Wouldn't be just as easy to make adjustments to the curve after the AEQ runs?

3) Continuing with #2 above, wouldn't be more convenient to store target curves in parametric EQ memories? So once the AEQ process is finished, you would just need to activate a stored PEQ target curve that would be active along with the GEQ that the AEQ created. Is there any downside of doing this? Would having both GEQ and PEQ active at the same time degrade the audio signal?

3) The manual mentions that using AEQ for frequencies below 100Hz can produce inaccuracies during frequency response calculation. This seems strange to me as correcting for bass room modes is certainly very important! I realize that it is not often a good idea to boost frequencies in this range (could overload amp and/or speakers), but I would certainly want the unit to cut any frequencies due to room modes. Anyone have any experience with trying to allow the unit to correct frequencies below 100Hz?

4) There are MAX DELTA and MAX SPAN function within AEQ. Is there any reason why maximum values should be specified?

5) Can the AEQ function work on left and right channels independently?

6) Has anyone compared the results of the AEQ function to another RTA system? I'm curious to how accurate the RTA and AEQ functions (and the Behringer microphone). I do find I'm getting different results if I aim the microphone straight between the speakers versus a little upward or downward.

Thanks much in advance for your help!

- Stew
smeyers

Showing 1 response by smeyers

Thanks Eldartford. By the way, I misnumbered the questions above (there are two 3's) so if you get chance to look at the 2nd #3...

Also, I'm curious if you or anyone has tried using TrueRTA software and how it compares accuracy wise to the Behringer RTA.