best all around monitor

regardless of price, musical tastes, room restrictions, ss., or tubes, what is the best sounding reference monitors?
rickeyjunior
Choices, choices and still more choices. My vote for a really nice monitor (current model) would be the Coincident Triumph Signature - nice build, very easy to drive, maybe a little pricy by some standards but non-the-less a good buy IMHO. I also like the Platinum Audio "Solo" - super bass response for such a small speaker but can be harder to drive (85 dB spl if memory serves me right). I really like these alot and they can be found (rarely) used for around $750.
I have used the merlin vsm se's the sonus faber electa amator 1's and am now listening to the JM Reynaud Offrandes. All really nice (I use quality tube gear ) The JM Reynauds are my favorite in my system. They are extremly musical and do what I think a great speaker should. They are priced reasonably for there quality at $4100/pr. They therefore get my vote.
The nOrh Marble 9 ($3000.00) followed closely by the Marble 7 ($2000.00). TNT Audio reviewed and called the Marble 9 the finest 2-way on the planet.
Try the Voce Divina q.Millenio Soprano. (www.vocedivina.com). Beautiful finish and sound. Focal titanium tweeter, scanspeak woofer. Great soundstaging, pace and detail.