Best CD I've heard so far 2011.........

Sarah Jarosz/Song Up In Her Head
Like a breath of fresh air, just great!
128x128rja
There were only 550 copies of the Calexico 'Road Atlas' vinyl set released in the US and they sold out quickly. On Ebay for ungodly prices. I haven't opened mine yet...

I agree about the Atlas Sound 'Parallax' LP. Sort of a continuation of Deerhunter's equally excellent 'Halcyon Digest'. Very well recorded vinyl with huge soundstage.
Road Atlas, a compilation of B-sides that they issued with each tour. "Griptape" is a new favorite.
I would add Christina Perri's debut album Lovestrong to this list. Highly recommended.
"Rok2id, even a stopped clock is right sometime."

And some clocks are right all the time.
While we haven't agreed on much, we certainly agree on this. The music forum isn't even a music forum, I'm sure you know where I'm coming from.
Orpheus10:
Speaking of music, a few good ones.

Bach Concertos - Julia Fischer / ASMF

Labi Siffre - So Strong

Cannonball Adderley Sextet - Dizzy's Business
I enjoyed Danger Mouse's Rome a lot, but have not been able to pry his collaboration with The Shins' lead singer, self-titled Broken Bells, out of any musical source of mine. I recommend you fine gentlemen all check it out.
Agree Adamaley, Broken Bells is one of my all time favorite
albums! I listened to this album for months straight in my car. Now, I am hooked on all Bon Iver
Todd, Broken Bells actually got me out of my Bon Iver loop, which I was afflicted with since last summer. Two great artists, all the same.
Just ordered Broken Bells, another titled "Please, Please, Please", a tribute to The Smiths, and Heritage Blues Orchestra's "& Still I Rise"
Really like the new Horrors Skying and Jonathan Wilson's Gentile Spirit albums. Nice retro sounds. The Horrors sound like classic Simple Minds and Wilson recalls the CA singer songwriter period.
I wore that Horrors album out...good stuff. More of a Psychedelic Furs sound than what I'm used to from them.
Rja - Thanks for starting this wonderful thread. Thanks to many (Richard Stacy) for the great suggestions. Just listened/watched the You Tube video of Deep Dark Woods doing Ballad of Frank Dupree. Love their sound and feel. Love those hollow bodies and that Hammond. Great stuff.
If you like jazz guitar, another CD I found and really liked in 2011 was Jonathan Kreisbergs "Shadowless". Very nice IMO.
Another CD I found in 2011 is "The Green Children". Not my style but I like it anyway! 8^) I believe they only have one CD out but many downloads are available.