Best HT System with Projection Screen for $14,000

I have cleared $14,000 in cash from the wife to turn my basement into a 7.1 Home Theater. I am going to go with a projection unit and screen rather than a TV. The sheet rock is not up yet, so I have plenty of options for wiring.

I also would like to supply 3 other rooms in the basement for a zone two.

I have not decided on anything yet, but leaning towards Denon electronics (3803), the Denon DVD/SA/DVD-A player and Paradigm speakers.
I will need bulk speaker wire, and interconnects as well. Wondering if component switching is must, or just a nice to have feature.

Looking for sound quality and realiabilty.

If anyone has just go through something like this and has some advice, I would really appreciate it.
Thanks,

John
128x128eandj2000

Showing 1 response by slappy

DENON 3803. Get it.
It is a fantastic reciever, you will not be disappointed.
Pretty good multizone feature, but it only does one room.
A seperate control system can always work to enhance that.
I think the DENON 5803 has 3 zone control though.

Paradigm speaks should work great.

If you are open to reccommendations, get the Denon 3803, and get 7 KEF Q1 speakers (bookshelf size). Use identical for front, back, surround, and center. They sound great and are an excellent matchup for the Denon 3083. This is what i have running, along with a deftech subwoofer and it sounds fantastic. The biggest plus, is the Q1's are onlt 225 each

the Denon 3803, and KEFs bought new, totals about $3,600 throw in a good Deftech sub or velodyne, you will still have about 9000-9500 left for projector, screen, and wiring.

Also, i agree with PRPIXEL, he has some very good ideas as well.