Best tube pre-amp with remote vol. control

What is the best tube pre-amp with remote vol. control that you have heard?
rivercitylad
If you have $14,000.00 to spend, the best remote control preamp (ever) should be available in less than three months. Not yet public, but I assure you, worth the wait, if within your budget.
Listened to lots of them at CES last week, my choice for warmth, dynamics, imaging, softness, airy ...name it.. is the VAC(Valve Amplification company) Signature Series and the VAC Virtu 105/105 Series amp...unreal !

Matt
"Best" I don't know, but the Sunfire Classic Valve Preamp is one of the best I have ever heard. In particular, it's phono stage is incredible (I use it with a Benz Micro Glider (LO)). The preamp has a very characteristic tube sound (I've been a tubehead since '59) and has a noise floor that is inaudible even with 90dB+ speakers. I drive a 300B P-P amp (Canary Audio) thru JMLabs 915s, and wouldn't think of changing the preamp. The newer models have a very nice remote (volume, mute and power) that controls an ALPS motorized pot.
If you have $2100 to spend you might want to do yourself a favor and check out the Supratek Chardonnay (or Syrah if you want phono - 2400) The Supratek is hand made in Australia. I know it's inexpensive but it is quite easily one of the finest preamps in the world at any price. If you must have THE BEST, I think the owner of the company will make you a remote controlled Cortese for 5000 plus some change.

http://www.cantech.net.au/~supra/