Best tube pre-amp with remote vol. control

What is the best tube pre-amp with remote vol. control that you have heard?
rivercitylad
"Best" I don't know, but the Sunfire Classic Valve Preamp is one of the best I have ever heard. In particular, it's phono stage is incredible (I use it with a Benz Micro Glider (LO)). The preamp has a very characteristic tube sound (I've been a tubehead since '59) and has a noise floor that is inaudible even with 90dB+ speakers. I drive a 300B P-P amp (Canary Audio) thru JMLabs 915s, and wouldn't think of changing the preamp. The newer models have a very nice remote (volume, mute and power) that controls an ALPS motorized pot.
If you have $2100 to spend you might want to do yourself a favor and check out the Supratek Chardonnay (or Syrah if you want phono - 2400) The Supratek is hand made in Australia. I know it's inexpensive but it is quite easily one of the finest preamps in the world at any price. If you must have THE BEST, I think the owner of the company will make you a remote controlled Cortese for 5000 plus some change.

http://www.cantech.net.au/~supra/
Albert, I may not be getting it right away, but do you have any more news on the preamp?
I will call and find out if he is any closer to making this a reality and if he is willing to let me post the info.

The difficulty is in using only a discrete ladder bridge with precision mechanical switches. This makes building something to "move" this control the issue.

If it was a TKD film pot or digital it would be easy.