Best Value Speakers??

Hello, I'm going to soon begin the search for some speakers. Anyways, I've checked out the various companies and it seems like you pay so much for the name of the speaker and the quality of the cabinet.
I don't care anything about those two elements! Basically, I'm looking for a no frills kind of speaker where you're just paying for the musical attributes of the speaker and nothing else kind of like NAD products(lol). What brand of speaker do you think offers the most bang for the buck? All input is welcomed!
jakewyman216374
Since you don't care about looks and the quality of the cabinet (no offense to your woodworking skills, which may be considerable for all I know), I'd think a very good DIY kit would be the best value. There are a number out there.
I am a huge fan of American electronics and as a rule stick to them, but the best speakers I have found for the money are a pair of Sony SSM7A. The are an American design and have been compared by Stereophile writers to the Wilson Watt and Puppies. I am using the with A Krell pre-amp, an Aragon amp; and a Sota Sapphire turntable with a Rega RB900 and a Sumiko Bluepoint Special cartridge. The speakers sound great. I wouldn't trade them for most of what I hear in the HiFi shops. The design is great and the materials are in keeping with the design. Find a pair and listen to them. Tell me if I'm wrong! Sony also makes a bigger pair the SSM9 which was a Stereophile Class B recommended componant.
Paradigm Studio 40s are one of the most seductive sounding speakers I have heard.I have listened to them with various
electronics and they always delivered.I noticed that somme audiophiles tend to turn up their nose at Paradigm,but the
Reference series deserves a serious listen!
johnny7