Beware of the cable claiming long burn in period.

Almost all the audio equipment including speaker need burn in time.

But I had bad experience with one digital cable recently.

Some people blew the horn on it and claimed burn in time more than 100 hours.

Out of box it had lot of details but etched.

After 8 weeks (around 200 hours) it got little bit better but its overall performance is not better than other digital cable that I have had.

Now it is too late to return it.

Beware of any cable claiming more than 50 hours of burn in time.

The chance is high that you will waste your time and money.
128x128shkong78
Fleschler, let me cut to the chase, if you don’t mind too much. The Audiodharma Cable Cooker breaks in cables and power cords in two days. The break in track on the XLO CD takes a little longer, but nowhere near your (ridiculous) number of 500 hours. Besides nobody sits around listening to his cables break in for days on end nor do they generally break them in continuously - an oft overlooked, detail. I mean, come on, do you think audiophiles really sit around listening to their cables break in? For hundreds of hours? 

No matter how much you have in the end you would have had even more if you had started out with more. 😀
"Prove it?" Would't go there. You may challenged to pick out high end cable with the lights off. Better yet, pick out the same high end cable with various levels of burn in times. You are correct, talk is cheap.
michaelgreenaudio643 posts

02-25-2019 3:06am

Hi durkn

Thanks for sharing your comments. Internet trolls have no place on these forums, they are in need of a life. I’ve done documented breakin for over 3 weeks non-stop playing of the same recording. I’ve been doing this style of breakin and referencing for well over 30 years.

As for the people that can’t hear breakin...well...I guess they can’t hear it. Nothing more can be said about it. For those of us who have mastered the art of burnin and the maturing of audio parts and pieces, it’s a fun adventure.

One would think in a hobby of change one would enjoy the process but many of our fellow listeners have never made it beyond instant coffee. They sit on the sidelines and cheer or heckle but never get into the game. Their loss.

MG

+1

Geoffkait - I never said that I would endeavor to cook a cable for 500 hours.  Someone on the forum posted that it could take that long.  I thought that was ridiculous as you did.

I am satisfied with 24 hours on the cables I audition.  Sometimes I allow an IC it to stay plugged in on a full band radio station with classical and rock for 5 days, especially on cables from other manufacturers.  I don't use a cable cooker.  However, just allowing a cable to play for 6 to 8 hours often yields superior results.  For A/C cables, they get plugged into a frig for a day or two.  They also usually sound quick good after 8 hours in an audio system only.  

(The corollary is that inadequate cables don't sound good regardless of the time they spend cooking).