Blind Power Cord Test & results

Secrets of Home Theater and High Fidelity teamed up with the Bay Area Audiophile Society (BAAS) to conduct a blind AC power cord test. Here is the url:
http://www.hometheaterhifi.com/volume_11_4/feature-article-blind-test-power-cords-12-2004.html

I suppose you can interpret these results to your follow your own point of view, but to me they reinforce my thoughts that aftermarket AC cords are "audiophile snakeoil"
maximum_analog
Something is going on here with these cables, and it would behoove us to find out what it is, and why it is.

This is an excellent example of assuming one's conclusion. If every scientist did this, we wouldn't know anything at all.

Scientists *do* know why people hear differences between cables. Some others, it seems, would rather not know.
Twl...No doubt that "something is going on", but the question is: should the investigator be a scientist or a psychologist. Probably both, IMHO.

Some people believe in psychic phenomena, and many tests have been devised to try and prove, by statistical means that psychic phenomena exist. No one is convinced, except those who believed before the tests. However, IF someone were to discover, not that it exists, but HOW it works, some kind of electromagnetic radiation between brains, then it's existence would not be in question, even by people who lack the ability.

So, people who want to convince me that exotic power cords affect audio equipment, need to come up with some rational explanation as to how this might happen. So far the various "scientific" explanations that I have heard fall short of credibility.
QUOTESo, people who want to convince me that exotic power cords affect audio equipment, need to come up with some rational explanation as to how this might happenQUOTE

Right on! I mean, heaven forbid we should have to listen ourselves and make our own decisions. That's why scientists get the big bucks, right? :^
Some people believe in psychic phenomena...

And some people are Psychic phenomena!!!

Joke aside, Eldart, don't confuse metaphysical with psychic...
If you can't hear a difference, what difference would any "scientific" test make to your listening experience? For those of us who can hear a difference--where we have put ourselves to the "test" of reliably distinguishing between some cords in our systems--what is there to prove? I don't really understand what explains the differences I have heard between some cords, interconnects and speaker cables. Nor do I care. Nor do I want to convince anyone else, beyond recommending that they listen for themselves. No one is threatening to deny cord nonbelievers their rights and liberties. As for the psychic phenomena comparison: if someone could reliably tell me what numbers I had written down, out of her view, I wouldn't doubt she is "psychic." While scientists would no doubt like an explanation of this phenomenon, the absence of a scientific explanation would bear not at all on the reality of the phenomenon. So I am not sure why the science-types continue to insist on proof from those of us who are mere listeners--unless they are actually directing their skepticism only to those science-types who also claim to be able hear differences between some cords.