Bowers&Wilkins ASW675 10" Sub, blown driver. Can't find anyone to repair it.

Starting to feel like I'm supporting this B&W Sub.  Two months ago the amp had to be replaced.  Now the voice coil is loose.  Sent it to two shops that said they would try but cautioned that B&W does not sell repair parts for these drivers.  At $600 for a replacement, that's a bit difficult to handle.  Does anyone out there know of someone that might be able to help?  I really like this sub, just not the maintenance.  Thanks in advance, Arkelectric.
128x128arkelectric

Showing 1 response by mb1audio02

" Does anyone out there know of someone that might be able to help?"

You're dealer. They should be handling stuff like this even if the speaker is out of warranty. If you take the driver out and find that its not soldered, you can just replace it yourself. And if you know how to solder, its not hard at all to do. 

B&W is just crazy with issues like this because they think mail order is somehow involved. They would rather piss you off and lose you for a customer, than to help fix your speaker. The last pair I had, B&W did me a really big favor by allowing me to drive 150 miles to a dealer and sell me an x-over for a speaker that was still in warranty at full list price. Why? I moved to an area where there was no B&W dealer, so I had to be punished.