Bryston 28bsst2 worthy upgrade from a krell fpb70?

I am using a magnepan mg 20.7, i was wondering if the bryston 28bsst2 is in the same league or better than my older krell fpb700? The krell is already 11 years old and am thinking of moving on to something new. Btw preamp is a jadis jps2

Thanks in advance
lecram
Good luck boys
That 700cx. ..is it in Canada. ..and recently purchased from ontario off of canuck audio mart. .
If so it was mine and sold it to jim then to Alberta it went I think...
It is a incredible amp and donnot think those simplier designs will better it ...if you want warranty then thats about all you will gain.
Good luck
Merry Xmas
Mclsound
Confusion I think,these people already own older Krell amps and are asking opinions on the newer Bryston flagship monoblocks or perhaps Classe.
Best
George
I am using a magnepan mg 20.7, i was wondering if the bryston 28bsst2 is in the same league or better than my older krell fpb700?
That's the question for you to answer.

IMO, I much prefer modern day SS sound. More open, less dark, less grain ... I'm the biggest Krell amp fan but will not waste $$ recapping old Krells.

You should also add Hegel H30 to your list.
Audiolabyrinth,

Just curious, what have you modyfied on your Krell? On my side, I got rid of the fixed AC cords and installed a Furutech Rodhium AC inlet and used Shunyata Anaconda CX power cords. Also installled Bybee AC purifiers at the input of the primary of the AC transformers. Got me greater resolution from bass to treble, increase in soundstage and lower noise floor. These mods are effective while keeping the original design unaltered.