Building a Power Strip, any advise?

I plan on building a power strip to be used with my Audience aR2p-TO power conditioner.
What I would like to do is try different outlets. Right now, the outlets I have ordered are, an Audience Hospital grade cryoed , a Maestro cryoed, Hubble cryoed and a SR Teslaplex and a Furetech IEC.
I also ordered a 8 outlet chassis.

Any additional comments on the type of wire to use, or the wiring configuration?
Or some other helpful hints...
128x128ozzy

Showing 2 responses by br3098

Not to sound negative, but why in heaven's name would you build your own power strip? They aren't that expensive, and unless you are going to submit your device for UL certification you could have some issues collecting from your insurance company in the event of a fire. Just sayin'...
Ozzy,

There are some very good A/V power strips out there. Admittedly, they are usually overpriced.

Hopefully you have never had to, or never will, make a insurance claim for a home fire. But once you have been through the nightmare that most insurance company investigators and claims depts. put you through, I guarantee that you would never condone the use of any non-UL approved device in your home. These folks are looking for any excuse to deny all or part of your claim, and the use of any type of non-UL product attached to AC power will cost you orders of magnitude more than just buying the approved product.