Ching Cheng Power Cords

Does anyone know a source for purchasing ching cheng power cords?

I want to buy a reliable 14 or 16 gauge power cable, but have read enough information that I don't want to spend the money for a boutique or audiophile cable. Nelson Pass ships his amps with this brand of cable, so I figured that's a good enough testimonial for me.

Unfortunately I can't find a way to buy them (their website appears to be made for commercial buyers).

Thanks for any help.
128x128cal3713

Showing 2 responses by dragon1952

quoting Nonoise "I believe practically all manufacturers of high end gear, including Nelson Pass, put a basic power cord that meets all minimum safety requirements. It doesn't mean it's good enough."

Exactly true. And the argument that a hi-end manufacturer wouldn't include a power chord that would compromise the sound of their equipment is an old one which that particular crowd likes to use. You can experiment for yourself for not much cash. The VH Audio offerings are mostly under $200 depending on the length you need and they will satisfy most people.
"Also, for your reading pleasure: www.audioholics"

Yep, you can find an article on the internet to back up just about any viewpoint you want on any subject you can think of. Just because it appears in print doesn't really mean much other than it's one person's opinion. Many have learned to experiment for themselves but I guess if you'd rather just base what you purchase on opinions then just pick one and go with it and more power to you (no pun intended...ha ha)
More to discover