Class D amps

I know Class D power amps are used in car audio applications. Why not for home audio power amps? Thanks.
nordic587
Thanks to those who responded to my query with decency. I guess the all kinds to participate here no matter their apparent lack of manners.
Unsound: I wasn't aware that Audigon requires the step you mentioned in your "response" before posting. Didn't see it in the rules. I appreciate the intelligence and helpfulness of other responders. Those seem to embody the spirit of Audiogon.
It is important to carefully research any question before posting it to this forum as many here live on the edge of
emotional sanity, and asking a seemingly uninformed or naive question can push some members into a frenzied and uncontrollable episode of sweaty manic responding creating posts written in a spirit of self righteous indignation crammed with every scrap of vitriol laden minutia their frazzled brains can summon to the page. Nobody needs that.
If you look up the word rudeness in any dictionary you will not see any coreallary to "lack of awareness" or "naïveté ". A little too much time spent alone in the man cave, perhaps?

If we do not treat newcomers with helpful, patient kindness, this hobby deserves to die anyway.
I just typed "class D" into search engine and got 300 threads in response. It is a very good tool for novice. It is not mandatory but rather good manners.