Coincident Total Reference = any thoughts

Looking to set up a system in my theater room- like listening to Diana Krall and such- Would this be a good speaker for this- anyone have any thoughts or have listened to this speaker??
bebop86
Both the TR's and PR's are wonderfully dynamic and articulate loudspeakers. The TR has a bit more mid/bass weight (presence) and the PR a bit more clarity (definition).
Your tastes and system will determine which speaker you would prefer. If you are interested I have a TR for sale.
I have just moved to a smaller home (retirement) and the TR's or PR's are just too big for my wife, without a dedicated listening room. Please see my ad under Coincident.
Thanks.
I cannot recommend a speaker more highly. The female voice is reproduced impeccably. In orchestral works, each instrument is seemingly isolated. I purchased the Total Reference and the Frankenstein amps and have NEVER looked back. There is an immediacy and presence that I have never experienced in a system. My collection is primarily vinyl and it has literally "come to life."

I find it incomprehensible that the Total Reference speakers that are currently for sale have not been snatched up. These are currently THE BEST deal on Agon.

I cannot imagine that the Pure Reference is substantially better than the Total Reference in view of the fact that discontinuation of an element forced the redesign. I certainly cannot imagine that the difference would justify the $11,000.00 price difference if you were to buy the pair on Agon.

I do not know this seller, I am not trying to make the sale for him. If I were in the market, I would buy these speakers in a heartbeat. I am an ENTHUSIASTIC owner of these speakers and I am just trying to "spread the good word."
Jhzoller, could you tell us which element on the TR was discontinued? Presumably mid drivers, since the TV4 use the same ribbon, and the PR use the same woofer.
It was my impresion that the carbon fiber midrange elements were deleted. I saw that the new TV uses the same ribbon.
It must certainly be disturbing for purchasers of the TR to find that an essential component of the speaker, the midrange driver (of which there are 4) is not manufactured any longer, and the manufacturer has nothing listed on his website about this speaker. This impacts re-sale dramatically, as evidenced by the presence on A'gon of a 5 month old TR, mint, selling at 50% of retail price, for so long. I, for one, am in the mafrket for just such a speaker, but how does one get reassurance that, should a midrange driver be damaged, such as in shipping, that a replacement will be available? It would be good to get reassurances from Coincident that replacements will be available and I will try to do that. That said, any other commments about the placement sensitivities of this speaker would be welcome, particularly the minimal distances to front and side walls (or solid obstructions, when facing inside. I would greatly appreciate hearing impressions from any owners of the TR.