Coupling cap upgrade for Cary CAD-805C help

Hi all,
I want to change coupling caps in this monos to Jensen or Mundorf.
1- My question is how many caps total ? Cary site list 3 for 805AE - mine is 805C

2- Value of the caps are 47 microfarad 450V - I don't seem to find this value in partsconnexion and other online store. Only 0.47 microfarad available. Any comment?

3- Where I can locate these caps. Note: 805C has only one 6SL7

Many thanks
128x128thuan98

Showing 2 responses by decooney

Dear all,
I'm going to swap the coupling caps of my Cary CAD-805C (those with 845 triodes). The original are strange "Audio 1" PIO capacitors - they looks like Vitamin Q maybe. I'd like to put there Mundorf SG, to have a more dinamic sound. Service manual says that the 300B to 845 coupling is made by IS trafo and in parallel with.. a parralel of 2uF + 0.22uf PIO capacitor. In my 805C I have only 0.22uf. Do you have any experience? Thank you,
Best regards
Marcello

Yes. This summer my local tech removed the original "Audio1" caps (did not sound too bad) and we installed the new Mundorf SVO Silver Gold coupling caps and Hexfred diodes in my Cary CAD-280SA V12R tube amplifier.  While the Cary Audio Design V12/V12R was based on the Cary 805, I would not venture to guess, it's better to open it up and check or call Cary Audio as others advised. 

After about 100hrs on the Mundorf SVO Silver Gold coupling caps really start to come into their own.  Very happy about the investment in this upgrade.  The V12R now has added detail and 3rd order harmonics.  Tube changes are a bit more noticeable now too.  
Dear all,
I'm going to swap the coupling caps of my Cary CAD-805C (those with 845 triodes). The original are strange "Audio 1" PIO capacitors - they looks like Vitamin Q maybe. I'd like to put there Mundorf SG, to have a more dinamic sound. Service manual says that the 300B to 845 coupling is made by IS trafo and in parallel with.. a parralel of 2uF + 0.22uf PIO capacitor. In my 805C I have only 0.22uf. Do you have any experience? Thank you,
Best regards
Marcello

Yes. This summer my local tech removed the original "Audio1" caps (did not sound too bad) and we installed the new Mundorf SVO Silver Gold coupling caps and Hexfred diodes in my Cary CAD-280SA V12R tube amplifier.  While the Cary Audio Design V12/V12R was based on the Cary 805, I would not venture to guess, it's better to open it up and check or call Cary Audio as others advised. 

After about 100hrs on the Mundorf SVO Silver Gold coupling caps really start to come into their own.  Very happy about the investment in this upgrade.  The V12R now has added detail and 3rd order harmonics.  Tube changes are a bit more noticeable now too.