Dealers hijacking the discussions

I’m a very long term member and look at the forums most every day. I’m personally extremely irritated by dealers injecting sales pitches into the discussions which has never really been a problem before. Dealers are biased as it’s the nature of business and this is fine but I don’t go to audiogon to see shameless promotion. There’s one guy in particular that needs to go away. The fact that you’ll all know who it is says volumes about the amount of posting this guy/dealer does on audiogon. Does anyone feel as I do. Just curious.
As a consumer, I can certainly understand the OP's sentiment, but as a business owner and vendor here on Audiogon, I also have to see things from the point of view of someone who spends a lot of money to be a part of this community and wants to recoup on that investment by sourcing new clients.

That being said, there is quite a bit of difference between a vendor chiming in to say, "hey, we carry the brand that you are looking at and would love to help you if you aren't already working with another dealer that you like," vs completely derailing a thread by making repeated posts in an attempt to close a deal that would be best handled via PM's. It's all in how it's handled.

I'd also like to point out that just because a vendor stands to gain financially from his advice doesn't mean that it's not still good advice or that it isn't in the client's best interest. I personally always recommend equipment based on how well it addresses my clients' needs, not on what's the most profitable for me. Perhaps others here do not do that, I don't know - I can only attest to my own business practices.

At the end of the day, most of us are small business owners just trying to earn a living and provide for our families, and this is a tough industry with lots of competition. We have thousands of dollars going out the door every month in rent, utilities, advertsing, insurance, payroll, vendor contracts w/ minimum annual purchase requirements, etc., and don't always have the luxury of waiting for people to walk through the door to make a sale.

I guess what I'm trying to say is, go easy on us, guys - I know that no one likes a salesman, but we're not here to take advantage of anyone (at least I hope no one is doing that) - we're just here in hopes of finding people that are in the market to purchase equipment, and if we can provide them with that equipment at a good price and with good service, that's a win for all involved.

Take care guys,

David Campbell
President - Southern A/V Direct, LLC
@inna ,

I'm not sure why you feel the need to be so inflammatory in your response, especially considering that I'm not even one of the dealers under fire here (I don't post much on these forums, to sell or otherwise - too busy). I was simply trying to point out that most dealers are just honest people trying to earn a living and don't deserve the level of hostility that is sometimes directed towards them, as you have just demonstrated.

That being said, I'm going to politely bow out of the conversation now since there's clearly nothing that I can say without being senselessly berated for it. I hope that whoever among us dealers have prompted this kind of response from the community will learn from this and take a softer approach with their dealings going forward. Just know that most of us are not part of that problem, and can be great resources for you guys when needed. 

Best wishes,

David Campbell
President - Southern A/V Direct, LLC
I wouldn’t buy from the dealers that troll threads. Why would anyone support dealers that have a bias towards only what they sell? Audiosharks.org forum was started by and pretty much run by a dealer in my town. He rarely mentions products he sells.

Dealers that troll this forum and show their bias repeatedly towards only products they sell should sell used cars instead. Nobody likes a troll!