Deep Cleaning Records With Steam?

It has happened again. Major tweak and record provider has available a steam cleaner made especially for records. Anybody try steam for cleaning lp’s? What were your results? Since a unit can be had for about $20 at Target, 15% of what the tweak provider is charging, is it worth a try?.
tiger
Steamers: Keep in mind that using attachments may increase the chance of sputtering. I recommend not using any attachments. A re-read of the thread provides lots of free advice.
OK I FINALLY "get" it: NO attachments at all - not even the short (8" or so) one.

I just did 6 LPs using NO attachments and it was a revelation - NO more spitting, MUCH more precise.
After using the "spout" I thought that the steamer with no attachments was't putting out as much, but that is NOT so. What's going on is that is putting out a very fine STEAM, no condensation, just steam.

Thanks Charles for the pointer/refinement.

I read you letter to Positive Feedback and saw the mention of Murray Zeligman. Several years ago I owned a preamp built by Murray. It was based on a Dynaco PAS and it was killer. Had the pleasure of talking with him a couple of times - quite a guy.
this is interesting. i like the long spout and the downward pointing tip. It seems like it gives me more control. I have not had any problem with sputters or sprays. I do change out water each time i use it and use distilled/ro water. In either case, steaming provides a great enhancement to your cleaning regime. On an earlier post, i will point out if you have some mold, you might try a weak bleach solution. Works well with removing mold. I use it with a mild detergent as a prewash step in front of my normal cleaning regime.
Doak : Murray is one of the smartest/nicest persons in Audio and life in general. He is a unsung national treasure of music. The Goverment should create a Special Citizens Metal for him.
I would steam the records propped by a support only on its label surface, instead of its entire surface as a mat would do. Would this be more dangerous to potentially warp the records easily under the hot of the steam? (and left them warped since I've read about some curvature becoming again normal after the steaming process).