Demoing speakers in LA area?

I'm looking to build a audio system from the ground up and would like to demo some speakers and amps. My budget is around $5K-6K for everything and I'm in the Burbank/Glendale area. Anyone know of any really great dealers in the area?
c4d3d2a027
I'll also add Sound Factor. Their main store is located
in Encino. They also have another store in Pasadena.
Also check out LA/Audio Video near Western and Beverly.
They have the biggest selection of audio gear that I
know of.

Good luck
Speaker City in Burbank makes their own speakers using premium parts - like scan speak woofers and tweeter; the same parts that go into Wilson and other top notch speakers. Their prices are much much lower, so I would check them out.

This is their web sight.

http://www.speakercity.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc

If you want traditional hifi shop, I like GNP of Pasadena.

GNP Audio Video
(626) 577-7767
1254 E Colorado Blvd
Pasadena, CA 91106

-----------

But I would seriously consider buying them here on the audiogon - you would end up with a considerably better quality for the same bucks ! Also when you upgrade, you can sell them here again and not lose too much - if you keep them in a good condition.

Used is the way to go - most people who buy at this level take good care of their gears, and it's safer than Ebay. No, I don't work for them, but since we are using their sight, we should give them something back too.

Used is the way to go.
You could also visit 3 stores in Pasadena: 1. Sound Factor:http://www.soundfactor.com/; 2. Audio Concept on Rosemead Blvd.; 3. GNP Audio Video Inc. 1254 E. Colorado
Pasadena CA 91106 USA Phone 626-577-7767.

Those stores are withing 15-20 minutes drive from you, and carry different brands, so maybe worth your visit. I am not going to comment their service, as some I have not visited for a while.
The already mentioned stores are great referrals, look up the dealers near you on the modernhometheater.com website. You can find dealers by several ways, zip code, state, etc. They will probably have two channel system for you to evaluate. good luck and have fun!
I have visited Randy Cooley and though he is quite knowledgable he carries limited brands to choose from. Brooks Berdan is another good store but I have found no bargains there though you will get good service and advise.
I don't care for the Sound Factor. The owner Jack is a very opinionated guy that will tell you he wrote the book on High End audio and that he is leader of the pack. Not my style that's for sure. You can get good selection and good prices from Kevin Deal if you know what you want. But don't expect much service from them he doesn't have much patience for talking to customers. L.A. audio has the best selection of speakers in the city but there located in Koreatown so don't expect valet parking or champagne when you go there. Most of there clientele is asian so if you can get past that they are ok to deal with. Your best bet with them is to talk to Richard the owner and let him no your coming down. They have always worked with me on price and I like how they do business. There is no snobbery there which I like. I don't have much experience with Katli Audio but I have heard there very fair to deal with. There is another dealer that works out of his house named Elliot Midwood that carries some very unusual brands. He loves music and doesn't mind spending time with you. His company is called Acoustic Image in Studio City.