Did my Phillips 963SACD die?

I was watching a DVD recently on my Phillips 963SACD when I stopped it in the middle intending to come back to it the next day. Well it was several days and when I tried to restart the player it would not respond to the remote. So I hit Play on the player and the display shut off and all power was lost. I checked the cord, no problem, so I opened the unit and the one fuse I could find was not blown. Any one else have this problem? Is there a cheap solution? If I can't fix it economically does anyone know how to eject the disc manually? Thanks!
pmotz
Hi,

The problem is the power supply board most likely overheated (look at the power supply board, I will bet that it looks tanish and brown in certain parts), and either a diode failed, or the PWM Switching chip (or mosfet) failed. I have fixed a ton of these, however sometimes these cannot be fixed due to a design flaw. The part about these units that I dont like is that there is a chip on the front faceplate that switches power from the SMPS to the AV Board. If this chip fails, you got yourself a 12 lb paperweight, that chip cant be replaced unless you get another known working unit and swap faceplate boards.

Just thought I would share some info as I have a ton of time invested into this unit over the past 4 years.
Thanks for the repsonses so far. The disc is clamped in and cannot be removed. I am assuming there is a manual eject by releasing a catch or some such thing but it is not obvious. I also tried unplugging the unit for several days and it didn't help. Something blew in the power supply, but it's not obvious. I know the Phillips are not the most reliable but it worked good for three years. I guess it's time to move up the ladder.
Try pulling the plug for a few minutes and plugging it back in. It's like rebooting a computor.
Rip the player apart. I had the 988 which died a year after I bought it. No more Phillips for me.