Do posters intend to hurt the feelings of other members?

It is usually the case that members engage in spirited, often passionate, discussions in threads. That’s normal. Regrettably, often those discussions veer off the tracks, where members are offended or genuinely have their feelings hurt by the content of others’ post(s). 

Do posters intend to hurt the feelings of other members? Your thoughts?
128x128Ag insider logo xs@2xcelander
@celander ...just how long have you been online?
+1 millercarbon

*chuckles
@mental How long have I been here? That you need to ask means that you can’t figure that out on your own? Seriously?
Wow!  This just typifies the problem with written communications such as emails and blog posts - devoid of all the subtle and not so subtle verbal clues that a real conversation has.  When I read Mental's "how long" post, I took it as a jest because of the added "*chuckles."  I also believe that Millercarbon was trying to be funny with his "triggered" comment.  BTW, I don't like the term "triggered" either but for completely different reasons. I do, however, understand the humor in his comment.
When I post or write and email, I always try to proofread (a lost art I'm afraid) what I wrote from the standpoint of the person reading it to see if it might be misconstrued (and to see if I've made any embarrassing typos).  That said, I think it's constructive to not always assume that a seemingly hurtful post was meant that way BECAUSE of how easy it is to misinterpret a comment.  On the other hand, I DO see an awful lot of comments that are intentionally hurtful and it makes me sad (and I second what Gdnrbob said about the state of this country).

sorry. I was in a hurry. had to go shopping and my ride was here.

. and ’subdle’ is such a hard word to spell anyhow.

The Military showed me some ways to cope with most anything.

Learn, adapt, then overcome. and…. Don’t sweat the small stuff.

it escapes me from time to time, that I am able to just ignore things rather than get upset with, or by them.

an old saying goes: The odds around here are pretty good that the goods are pretty odd.

the key is to let other people be other people, regardless. don’t care for their thoughts? move on. or just forget about them.

AS I said, and other’s here have pointed to, sometimes posts are taken far to litteraly, out of context, or a post was done in haste and not fully developed so their meaning was  clear enough. I’m very guilty of this lack of congruity now and then. I know what I mean… so then everyone else should too.

true too, as with reviews, take everything written here with a large grain of salt. those in the ‘know’ will be quite evident they are trying to be helpful sooner than later.

that’s all. ignore and press on. it separates the ‘wheat from the chaff’, so to speak.

the ‘wild and wooly dark web mandates those who interact therein, grow thicker skins.

it does not however remove accountability for untoward or cruel behaviors.

subdle or otherwise. lol
Duh... this is social media baby... full of lovers, haters and everyone in between. 

Only one one piece of advice need be applied...”don’t take yourself or anyone else too seriously”.
So many clear cases of people who thought they understood what someone else said, when what they heard wasn’t what the other meant.
I didn’t criticize anyone for using “triggered.” I know what folks mean when they use that term. I simply related a discussion about using formal English I had with my son on the way to hockey practice. It’s easy enough to figure out how long one has been on line, at least here. So I responded in kind to the sarcasm. Tit for tat. No harm, no foul.