Does anyone have any experience with PSB Speakers

Does anyone have any experience with PSB floor standing tower speakers?

I'm interested in your overall thoughts about that line of speakers.

Thanks
Ag insider logo xs@2xchuckworkb
The metal tweeters can become an real issue. That's why the speaker cable selection and front end need to be a good match. My advice is don't buy a pair of PSBs w/o hearing them first.
I have a pair of Synchronly ones. They are as good as anythineg for the price and better than most. Paul Barton is one of the best speaker designeres on the planet. Just listen., hard to go wrong with nuthing in the line.
PSB speakers (I owned a pair of Stratus Golds for a while) tend to fall on the "ruthlessly revealing" side of the acoustic spectrum. If you can match them with high quality tube components and appropriate cables and interconnects you can have a fabulous sound, but it takes time and patience. They are never a waste of money but be prepared to experiment. The Stratus Golds are particularly nice speakers. The lower end models I cant personally speak for
Heard their Syncrony speaker. Very ordinary. Some wag evidently said it was the 20th best speaker ever made or some number like that - can't remember exactly what it was. As one guy said at the time you could be forgiven thinking if it was the 20th best speaker only 20 speakers were ever made.

Normally I would say check it out for yourself but in this case I think you can give them a miss and look at others if it requires you to go out of you way at all to hear it. There are many other speakers I would actively seek out first. In that price range I like the Martin Logan Electromotion - a good deal cheaper as well - you can spend the difference on better source equipment - check it out.

Thanks
Bill
I have Platinum T8's, M2's and a C2 in my home theater (Anthem D2v/A5). I couldn't be happier. I keep trying more exotic speakers, but the PSB's are still here.