Ethernet Cables, do they make a difference?

I stream music via TIDAL and the only cable in my system that is not an "Audiophile" cable is the one going from my Gateway to my PC, it is a CAT6 cable. Question is, do "Audiophile" Ethernet cables make any difference/ improvement in sound quality?

Any and all feedback is most appreciated, especially if you noted improvements in your streaming audio SQ with a High-End Ethernet cable.

Thanks!
grm
grm

Showing 5 responses by vtech2000

Nothing in audio matters.  Get a cheap iPod or a $49 record player and you're done.
Mike Girardi, reviewer and Senior Editor for Stereo Times, says that they make a difference.

Here is the review by Mike Girardi in Stereo Times that features our cable:

http://v2.stereotimes.com/post/optimization-of-the-digital-playback-chain-for-network-players-with-nas-drives/

Quote:

“The design, materials, and cable treatment process employed in the Revelation Audio Labs Prophecy CryoSilver Reference CAT7+/RJ-45 i2s Ethernet clearly differentiated itself as a state-of-the-art Ethernet cable in my final system configuration.” - Michael Girardi, reviewer and Senior Editor for StereoTimes.com

This was an unsolicited review (I do not solicit “proffesional reviews” of my work, as I place far more value on the unsolicited testimonial of a typical customer / end user).  Mr. Girardi subsequently sold his previous reference cable and our cable remains in his reference system.

Brad Vojtech
Revelation Audio Labs