Flexy rack threaded rod material

It seems that brass is the universally accepted "best" material for the threaded rods of a flexy rack, but has anyone actually compared brass rod to any other material in a flexy rack in the same room and in the same system? I'm having a little problem shelling out 3x the money for something that is supposed to be better even though no scientific proof exists (or maybe it does, I just haven't found it).
ketchup

Showing 1 response by tom6897

I seriously doubt that you or anyone else on this site or anywhere else on earth would be able to "hear" a difference in an A/B/A blind test. Purchase the material you like best at the best price you can find and enjoy your music. There are no absolutes when it comes to anything posted on any of these forums.

Look at the system pages, our members own every conceivable type, shape, brand and material you can buy. Don't give it a second thought.

Most on here have great intentions but cannot provide a shred of proof or data for anything they post, it is mostly opinions and a lot of conventional wisdom that gets repeated as fact.

Some discussions do center on electrical codes, physics, engineering principles etc, but even those discussion seems to go way off-track and there is seldom a consensus and never a "Solved once and forever" FAQs folder.

I hope this makes you and others with similar questions put into perspective what it is you are really getting from the forum. Do not take anything you read here too seriously.
This is a hobby and we are all hopefully in it for the best music reproduction we can afford. If it sounds good to you...it is good! Period....!

Happy Listening and good luck with your new rack. Post a Pic when complete!