Full range tower speakers with bass under $10k

Hello all,I am searching for full range towers with great bass for under $10k.  I do have a sub (JL E series), but seems that when I hook up my Revel F36s directly to my integrated amp, it sounds better directly than going through the sub, sub's crossover, back to the speakers.  I am guessing that the sub's crossover is the factor that degrades the sound quality.Ultimately, I decided to explore full range speakers in order to eliminate the subwoofer.Triton Reference has great specs, but they are too tall and unattractive for me.PSB T3 looks great with frequency going down to 24hz.Revel 229Be looks really nice.Any suggestions would be appreciated.
skimrn

Showing 1 response by larry5729

I attended the Rocky Mountain Audio Fest last October and listened to a lot of speakers.  The best speakers I hear were the SALK SONG3 ENCORE tower speakers.  They sounded better than a pair of $60,000 speakers I heard at the show.  Jim Salk sells direct to consumers because this allows him to purchase the best tweeters, mid and bass drivers possible for the money.  Because he doesn't have to sell wholesale to retailers, he does not have to compromise quality in order to be able to sell to retailers who then make all of the profit.  I just wish I had heard these before I purchased mine.  Jim Salk is the real deal.  He is honest and he knows more about speaker design and manufacturing than 95% of his competitors.  I don't think you will need to buy a subwoofer.  These extend down to 24 Hz.  You can buy these without hearing them because you will not hear a better speaker priced below $30,000.  The Bowers & Wilkins Diamond series speakers can't even hold a candle to them.  I listened to the Focal Aria 926 and 948 and the reason I didn't purchase them was because I kept asking myself...........where's the bass?  I think Focal is allergic to bass.