Good monitor speakers for 300B amps.

That is it. Let me know what you think, what you have heard, and what you have used in your system, and don't be afraid to offer an opinion even if you have absolutely no knowledge about the subject. 
128x128soundsrealaudio

Showing 13 responses by soundsrealaudio

For a time I was a Ref 3A dealer. I do like those speakers. A little  too large for this room. 

Well Grinnell is running 4 watts into a two way monitor speaker. Says it is dynamic and lifelike. I have heard the deCapos and run them with 8 watts and they are fine. For me a little to big a bass. 
sbrown 

can I drive the porch's with 300B? 

chachi
Do the Focals have a soft dome tweeter?

Atmasphere

I did read your post. Was I suppose to venerate it?

I remember driving a pair of Merlin floor standers with 8 watt 300 B. I don't think it is all that difficult. 
sbrown

Do you  think I can power the ProAc's with a 300B amp.

Spell check got my last attempt.
Yeah I was just looking at them. I have only heard them located in the corners and that model did not impress me. Are you AN-K's on stands? close to rear wall? 
Sauvie

Thanks for that. I did not know that Air Tight made speakers, Will check them out. What stands do you use?

Jim
darkstar

I am familiar with the Sonist Speakers. Really nice looking. Years ago I shared a room with Sonist and Kara Chaffee at the RMAF. They are a little larger then I am looking for. They do sound very nice however.

Thanks for the idea.

Jim
Oh yes the Pro Ac's I like that idea. They still make the Tablet 10 which might be just the ticket. Good size good sound. The others I was looking at are the Audio Note and the J M Reynauld. 
guppy

I have owned the Omega's. It has been a long time ago however. They are good for low watt amps that is for sure.