Halcyonics under my tt. Wow

I just put my third, too expensive but wonderful, Halcyonic active isolation base under my Shindo Labs tt and am just overwhelmed by what I am hearing. I doubt if I will sleep tonight having 50 LPs that I "must" hear.

The ambient detail and realism is just shocking.

It is one of the great tragedies of audio that this device cannot be made somewhere for under $2000; I think they would sell hundreds. I know I would have one for every componnent. Mine was used.
tbg
a marginally inflated inner tube under a shelf that supports the source equipment (or preamp) has consistently proven a major winner. --its not like norm's, but the principle is the same: removing microvibrations in the line level gear is well worth the investment (whether they be norm level, or $6 for those who won't step up, like me).

(incidentally, i really wonder sometimes why we audiophiles change gear when we've yet to fully remedy to critical problems endemic in every rig: AC quality & microvibrations).

enjoy
Rhyno, how dearly I wish any of the air spring devices I have tried approached the active Halcyonic device. I do totally agree that too many totally ignore micro-vibrations and crap on their ac line.

With the Halcyonics under my Shindo Labs, I doubt that the Continuum Audio Labs Caliburn can equal it.

Stringreen, I know that one reviewer suggested that the Halcyonic base might interact with the suspension of a turntable, but I doubt if any suspension on a tt is as fast as the Halcyonic.
a marginally inflated inner tube under a shelf that supports the source equipment (or preamp) has consistently proven a major winner. --its not like norm's, but the principle is the same: removing microvibrations in the line level gear is well worth the investment (whether they be norm level, or $6 for those who won't step up, like me).

(incidentally, i really wonder sometimes why we audiophiles change gear when we've yet to fully remedy to critical problems endemic in every rig: AC quality & microvibrations).

enjoy
Tbg, I stumbled across the Halcyonics website while looking for some equipment for my lab. (I'm a virologist.) The possible use of their products in audio did not escape me. Can you tell me/us which model you've got and what it's weight limits are and how much you paid? Have you ever tried a Vibraplane? The Halcyonics looks to be similar in that they claim similar benefits (i.e., isolation in all planes of motion, something you do not get with a $6 inner tube). Also, NO resonance frequency! How cool is that? If you can really equal a Caliburn or the like for the cost of a Garrard plus ~2Gs, that's quite a bargain.