Has anyone compared the Nola Viper IIa's..

to the Nola Viper Reference. I heard the Viper reference and I liked what I heard, but the II's were not available for auditioning. I want to know if the reference's are worth the extra $7000 over the II's.
hawk28

Showing 1 response by 6550c

I'm thinking about setting up an audition with a dealer to hear NOLA Viper IIA, but after reading the above, would it be a waste of time? Are the $12,000 Viper Refs, allot better and worth it? I guess by todays prices, 12K might be inline, if the sound is first rate. I own SoundLabs, but don't have that kind of $$$$ anymore, will NOLA be a waste of time to bother with?

I wonder what amps you guys listened with? I bet it was solid state.Probably something like PASS or something. I think NOLA uses ARC as thier house brand ? At least a photo on their web shows ARC amps with the ultra HE speakers. I have read these are great speakers for SETs too, can anyone verify? Welborne Labs lists these as something to check out with SETs.

I'm an interested in a speaker that is under $10,000 USD, but yet won't dissapoint me like almost every speaker I have listen to in the past few years. I don't want to spend 10K on something that should be 2K, or something I could just build myself. I wish Photon46 would give a list of speakers he finds better. The Viper IIA look better built than most in this range, but I have not seen them in person, At least they don't look like a carbon copy of the dozens of mass produced brands.