Have New L.K.S. HM-DA9038 with Oppo95 won't play SACD's, HDMI input on DAC is for 12S data

Sorry, I'm new to the site and misquoted the product name of my new L.K.S. DAC HM-DA004 with the upgraded USB port. 
I purchased this new DAC , L.K.S. Audio HM-DA004 , I really liked the spec’s and what it had to offer with the intent on improving the CD/SACD experience. I’ve got hook up to my system: Sunfire TG IV preamp, 3 X-Carver m-500T’s Mkll’s , Oppo 95, dbx-360 venue for speaker mgnt./eq. , Snell’s C-7s tower fronts, Polk Lsim 707 back surround. I do like initially what it does with the redbook CD’s, But I can’t get it to play SACD’s.
I didn’t know that the HDMI input on the L.K.S. HM-DA9038 was not capable of recieving regualar HDMI input. The HDMI input has been converted to a 12S audio input, but I believe its states it’s capable to receive DSD files.
I’ve read some of the treads on the new DAC from the Forum, Has anyone found this an issue and is there any way to make the DAC Capable of receiving SACD info. When I play CD redbook, I play it through the Hi Def Coaxial cable input and it plays and show’s that receiving the data at PCM 44k, But as soon as I put in a true SACD , Steely Dan’s Aja, it show that it’s not receiving any data. Any help with would be Greatly appreciated. I’ve had this for a few days, and if it’s not able to SACD’s I’ll be returning it. Thanks for your info and help.

I've seen that there are now some nice Mods now available , is there a Mod available now to enable the DAC to work with Mac's IOS system.Thanks again
128x128dhollywood

Showing 1 response by junzhang10

No SACD play can send DSD by HDMI. ESS9038 is a delta-sigma DAC which is suitable for DSD playback.