Have you ever deceived your wife-audio purchase

This could lead to a hysterical thread. How many audiophiles have come home with an expensive amp/preamp/and told their wife they bought it for practically nothing? Only to have paid 3-4K they had in their private stash? How many audiophiles have secretly installed a new "toy" in their audio system thinking their wife wouldn't notice. My old girlfriend thought anything beyond a boombox was excessive. Whenever I would upgrade my system,I would come up with some far fetched tale(lie) Would love to hear your story.......
Ag insider logo xs@2xkrelldog
Yeah well, it is what it is. But as pointed out, there are advantages. If you look for them
Both of my ex-wives feel they may have been deceived by my audio and music purchases. They were confused and decided on taking a different direction.
Yes , I always lied.. But when drinking I would tell her the truth... Never do it! After that , it didn't matter how obscure ... cable, wire and cartridges were all noticed... I have slowed down buying but for a while it was perpetual..
Of course, "that old piece of junk i picked up cheap" or "i am testing out, probably wont get it" or " i will sell my old turntable or amp". THen there is the "slip it in the house and she wont know". I purchased my Universe and ZXY artisan preamp that way. I really think she knows but so far she hasnt called me on it. Now can i get away with the Mcintosh 275???
Zavato, I'm sorry to hear that and I hope you're feeling well.

I have nothing to hide. It's not worth it and my wife has been very supportive of this hobby. She enjoys music as much as I do. Its not uncommon for me to come home from work on a Friday to find her listening to music. It's my hobby but it's our system. She can use it as she pleases. That's what it's there for.