Help with bluegrass music...

Im a relocated west coast city slicker now in Mayberry USA..I find myself really liking old school bluegrass music.Im wanting to buy bluegrass with emphasis on well recorded material..Im not sure if those two go together but thought Id ask..Again,really highend recorded old school bluegrass!!!..thanks
missioncoonery
I strongly recommend The Mountain, a bluegrass recording by Steve Earle, with one of the best bluegrass bands (Del McCoury) playing along with him. Truly a great great record. I was luck enough to see the tour in support of this recording, and Steve wore a nice suit, a big change from his previous and recent stage garb. he is one heck of a talented artist.
I enjoy bluegrass and particularly some of the newer artists grouded in the "old timey" traditions. You have some great suggestions listed above and will find some of the best quality recordings from this group:

Ralph Stanley
Del McCoury I like "Del and the Boys" He also has a recent greatest hits collection.
Infamous Stringdusters
The Steeldrivers
Nicklecreek/ Chris Thiel the best mandolin player on the planet
Mark O'Connor he plays in several genres, but his fiddle/bluegrass recordings are great.
believe it or not, Steve Martin's latest bluegrass cd is good.
I have very little patience with the "its not really bluegrass" arguments but here are some great albums that pretty much everyone agrees upon:

JD Crowe and the New South: JD Crowe and the New South
The Johnson Mountain Boys: Live at the old schoolhouse
The Country Gentlemen: calling my children home

Now here are a few newer albums that some may object to but are great music nonetheless:

The Gibson Brothers: Bona Fide
The Lynn Morris Band: Shape of a Tear
Doyle Lawson and Quicksilver: Gospel Parade

If you like any of these let me know and I can make some more recommendations. I have a pretty large Bluegrass music collection :)

Mark