Horns: Why don't they image well?

Anyone have a theory?

\\\\\\
o| O O |o
  \ . ^ . /
erik_squires
I don't see myself ever owning a pair of horns, at least not until I hear a pair that image significantly better than those LaScala. They were very nice sounding speakers. I'm willing to sacrifice a tad of dynamics for better imaging. I can totally understand how somebody would reverse those priorities and deem horns virtually perfect. 
I’m willing to sacrifice a tad of dynamics for better imaging. I can totally understand how somebody would reverse those priorities and deem horns virtually perfect.
That’s not just the only problem, then there’s the "horn" (gain coloration) to contend with as well, not to be confused with the far shallower wave guides ( pattern control ) as some will try to bring into it.

Cheers George
After living with my jbl 4367 for a month, I just don’t see how imaging could be improved that much more. Have any if you guys heard the new wave guide on the m2/4367?
After living with my jbl 4367 for a month, I just don’t see how imaging could be improved that much more.
Do yourself a favor and maybe listen to some relatively cheap Audio Physics speakers, to see what image placement in between and outside the speakers and 3D depth perspective is all about. Then say come back and the same.

Cheers George