How does Yamaha CD S2000 reproduce super audio?

If anybody knows, apparently Yamaha CD S2000 player has a 2-channel PCM DAC. 
Then how it works in the super audio mode (what precisely means that it plays SACDs)?
I got it since some time ago (bought new and cheap), it does not sound particularly good,
and I do not really hear any improvement on SACD-s.  
128x128niodari

Showing 1 response by yakbob

Niodari,
I haven't heard the cd-s2000, but having recently taken possession of the newer cd-s2100. My understanding is that the 2100 is closer in relation to the top of the line cd-s3000 than the earlier 2000. 

I can tell you that I can hear a distinct difference between sacd and cd layers in some (not all) of the discs I own. More air and spacious sounding. Some discs (like Roxy Music Avalon) the difference is subtle and I believe a testament to how well this player handles redbook playback. By "bull horn", I'm assuming you mean a more forward presenation? 

From the reviews I've read the cd-s2000 appears to be well liked, but it didn't garner "must buy" status. I wonder if the luke warm response sent Yamaha back to the drawing board to build the cd-s2100 more in the vein of the cd-s3000? Have you given the cd-s2100 a listen?