I can't play a recording all the way through

So when does this end? I've got a new system, a lot of new music from DSD to FLAC to favorite old mp3s. So my problem is that I'm trying to both enjoy the new system yet, giddy as a schoolboy, listen for the quality differences. It's been three weeks and I just keep bouncing all over my library. 
I have learned that there is absolutely a difference in the very high DSD recordings. Less noise, more separation and more immediate sound. Also was impressed by the very high 320mhz mp3s. Not in the same sense as the DSD or FLAC but for the portion of my library that will never be HD, not bad. 

iclickjohn
One day, when you're much older, you'll ditch everything digital, and get back to enjoying music. It took me 15 years.

For the time being, your money is important. Spend spend spend. Without you, the high-end can't exist.
cousinbillyl
One day, when you're much older, you'll ditch everything digital, and get back to enjoying music. It took me 15 years.

For the time being, your money is important. Spend spend spend. Without you, the high-end can't exist.

Hard to read through your sarcasm...
Don't quote me as I read this a while ago, but it makes a certain amount of sense to me.

Relative to your position on the 'interest levels in stereo gear' scale there exist three levels:

1) music lover - he/she could happily live with a waterproof crystal radio set with a single ear piece. They'd cheerfully play it anywhere, anytime, at any volume including underwater, in the Sistine Chapel, while standing next to the screaming  Rolls Royce jet engine of a 747, or on the sideline of a Seahawks game in C-link Field.

2) audiophile - the music matters as much as the equipment;  a mint vinyl copy of Jazz Samba (Verve 1962) featuring Charlie Byrd and Stan Getz played through a $50,000 phono rig then output via a Burmester and Aida output section would cause a complete left brain/right brain meltdown and the listener would spontaneously combust on the spot. The moisture generated from pants wetting would turn to steam before it even reached a zipper.  

3) gear head; no music necessary, just have more money than God and more space than the Everett, WA Boeing 747 manufacturing facility.  You may or may not need a razor knife to cut open boxes, we all know it's easier to resell gear that is advertised as 'new, unopened box' vs. 'like new' or 'store demo'.   

I find that a little alcohol helps. Seriously. If I find myself not enjoying the music it usually means I'm listening to the equipment instead of the performance. Particularly if I have some new component that I'm trying to get used to. A nice drink or two will shift me into music enjoyment mode. Also try to actually make time to listen to music. Don't make it part of your multi tasking routine. Set aside some time with no distractions when your not in a rush so you can relax and really get into the performance.

If none of that works then get a turntable and try analog as cousinbillyl hinted at. You may just be surprised.