Integrated amp for my Sonus Faber Guarneri

Need a good advise here since the possibility of listen before i buy is limited. No hard-rock fan, else all kind of music. On my short list at the moment are Pathos (Classic), Sugden, BAT, Creek, Edge, Lavardin, CJ.
eibe
Lloydelee21, I think what you say about CAT may apply to the amps, which are a little 'hands on'. However, I have not had any issues with my preamp over the many years that I have owned it, except to change tubes. I also think your suggestion of a ARC ref3 is a good one. Although, I would add that buying used, the standard caveats apply to all used gear, not just CAT.
IMHO, IF DILE could listen to the piece he is planning on Buying first that would be FAR more preferable. Even if the listening session has to be at the Dealer/Seller.
Hi Daveyf,

thanks for the clarification. I agree on your last point as well. I have never bought blind before...even if i have had to go through contortion to listen to something. but it has been worth it in a couple cases where something i was "sure" i was going to buy ended up being something i respected, but ultimately did not love the way i thought i might.

The good news for DILE is that he seems willing to go through some level of contortion and effort...and like in his GH adventure...is likely to be well rewarded for it.
Daveyf,Onemug,Egidius,Lloydelee21, I've been reading and greatly appreciating all your posts, but something's come-up and everything's on hold for me right now in terms of listening, etc. I have been researching online every item you've all put forth. I'll keep you all posted, and please keep the recommendations, tips, and debate coming. I'm sure this is all extremely valuable information to whomever else is out there reading this thread.

Egidius - Wow! That's a huge and funky-looking sub. I put my name on a list for a listen at the shop in case one comes up someday.

Lloydelee21 - Yes, I have found some old ARC preamps here. Are they all generally good, or mainly the Reference III? How about an oldie like SP-3A-1?

Onemug, Daveyf - Home trials of anything cost 10% the price of whatever eqpt from the one shop in town (but that means keep it for 30 days), so I have to try things in the shop until I narrow them down to one or two items. Any tips on how best to listen-test a pre-amp? Things to listen for? Testing techniques, etc.?
Daveyf- I just found a used CONVERGENT AUDIO SL-1 signature online at the top end of my budget. Is this model a good one in your opinion?

If so, maybe I could arrange a trip to Tokyo to hear it, but then it would only be at the shop with their eqpt.
hi DILE,

just bring your own preamp...one that you know well. it is not perfect, but it helps a lot when you at least (in one system) start to delineate what the 2 preamps do in the system in the store. you may also be able to ask the Owner of the store to set up a system based on equipment they have that you may further be familiar with, or equipment that is similar to equipment you know.

good luck.