Integrating OPPO 105D in a home theater ?

My Home theater is using Denon X4100 Receiver as Pre-pro with Sunfire Cinema Grand Amplifier (using RCA connectors). Like Denon as it has Room Calibration and am using 4 HDMI inputs for different devices. But Denon doesnt have a Digital Optical Out. 

I also use this to listen to music time to time. I have a OPPO 105D that I would like to use to listen to music since it has a much better DAC. 

Q1 - Can I connect 2 Sources to the Sunfire Amp ? OPPO 105D (using XLR Inputs) for music and Denon (using RCA inputs for all Home theater - Doesn't seem like a good idea so I haven't attempted it yet.

OR Are there better ways to connect OPPO in the setup Such that I can use OPPOs DAC ?

Thanks everyone in advance. 
abhi123
I abuse my 105 like that all the time.  HDMI out for theater and 2 channel for music.  The receiver won't know that this is 2 separate sources.  For fun, also run a digital out from the Oppo to the receiver and give yourself a 3rd source.

It is never a good idea to connect two sources to the same target (.i.e amp).  The voltage from one source will feed back into the second source and cause damage to the circuits.

Few things you can try:

1. Connect a COAX digital cable from Oppo to Denon receiver.  This is always much better than using HDMI if you are playing back 2-channel music.  You will be using the DAC in Denon receiver.

2. Connect analog output from the Oppo to a source input on the Denon (like the CD left/right inputs).  When playing music here, make sure to enable "Pure Direct" mode, so that the audio does not go through room correction.  Any sort of room correction will require the Denon to convert analog-to-digital to process EQ and room correction, and then convert back from digital-to-analog.

3. Remove the Denon from the mix completely and connect the RCA outputs of the Oppo directly to the Sunfire amp.  Then use digital volume control on the Oppo to control the volume.  The Oppo has toslink, COAX digital inputs for audio as well as one HDMI input for another video source.  The Oppo 105 is almost a HT processor in it's own right.  You'll be able to use the DAC board in the Oppo, but you will not get any room correction. 

Aux,
If using 2 single ended connections you may be correct.  However, what I'm discussing is one with single ended, one with toslink (impossible to get feedback) and the third through my Hugo, again almost impossible to get feedback through that loop?  

elevick,

you're talking about using a device as a "source selector", which your oppo can do.  I'm talking about connecting two analog lines directly to the amplifier input.  The Sunfire Cinema Grand has two RCA inputs and one XLR input FOR EACH CHANNEL.  It allows you to use any of the 3 different inputs to supply a signal.  However, you should never connect more than one analog source to any of the Sunfire input channels.

Given the preferences abhi123 lists, auxinput's 2 seems to be the correct approach if Denon "Pure Direct" by passes processing.  The DSD level of SACDs can't be output through toslink, only analog or HDMI, and HDMI uses the Denon DAC.

db
Thanks alot for the suggestions here.

Option #2 by auxinput is the right path for me to move forward.

also thanks auxinput for clarifying the 2 sources to one amp question.. didnt sound like the right thing to do.. now I know why.

thanks