Is dedicated PreAmp with Oppo 105 needed?

I think I've a decent HT setup but still feel there's something missing. I watch movies 70% & listen to music 30%.

Since Oppo provides pretty clean sound, wondering if upgrading to a dedicated PreAmp will make any difference. If it does, what would you recommend in say $1000-$2000 range? I intend to bypass the Video & connect straight to my Plasma on HDMI 1.4a.

Thank you!
----------
LRC Speakers: Tyler Acoustics Linbrook System II
Surround Speakers: JBL S312
Amplifier: Parasound Halo A51
BD:Oppo 105
Tape Deck: Nakamichi RX-505
Room: 16x18+ with some open area, so sound can bleed
hitsofmisses
The reason I would avoid running the Oppo directly into the amp is the volume control. Running it at lower volumes reduces resolution.

I would run a line section and use the Oppo with the volume up all the way, then use the volume control of the line section to set the right level. This technique works well- the improvement in resolution is easily heard.
Since I intend to pass Analog Audio (only) from XLR/ RCA (stereo & 7.1) of Oppo BDP-105 to Parasound Halo A51 amp via a preamp:

What you guys think of Parasound Halo C1, C2 or P7 preamp? I think they all have sufficient options for analog audio input & provides XLR output for the A51. 
Out of these 3, is there any model which will do a better job than another? 
I think with P7, you can not do room calibration using a mic. In that case wouldn’t a C1 or C2 would be a better option even though they are a bit outdated? 
Also, how do they compare to Krell S1200U? 

If you are a looking for a pure analog only preamp, the P7 is the best.  The C1/C2 are older and appear to have switching power supplies and power supply banks are not good enough.  The P7 has superior linear power supply and architecture.  It will not be nearly as good as Krell S1200, but it is very good for the cost!!

If you are looking for HT Processor on the cheap, there are better solutions than C1/C2.  Look at the Anthem Statement D2, which are going for just over $1k.  They are still older, but much better than C1/C2.

Marantz AV7702 or AV7703 are in the $1k to $1.5k range and are very good (better than the P7 because of the discrete analog circuits).  If you can stretch to $2k, the Marantz AV8802a is excellent. (look on ebay for these).

Of course, none of these are as good as S1200, but in the end, you get what you pay for.

Hello Auxinput:

Does the S1200 beat the HTS 7.1 in preamp mode?  Also, curious about your mod to the s1200.  Have you done this mod to other's (s1200s). I have the HTS 7.1 still cranking out in preamp mode sounds excellent, powerful.  Let me know.

Thanks,

Mdtrec