Is dedicated PreAmp with Oppo 105 needed?

I think I've a decent HT setup but still feel there's something missing. I watch movies 70% & listen to music 30%.

Since Oppo provides pretty clean sound, wondering if upgrading to a dedicated PreAmp will make any difference. If it does, what would you recommend in say $1000-$2000 range? I intend to bypass the Video & connect straight to my Plasma on HDMI 1.4a.

Thank you!
----------
LRC Speakers: Tyler Acoustics Linbrook System II
Surround Speakers: JBL S312
Amplifier: Parasound Halo A51
BD:Oppo 105
Tape Deck: Nakamichi RX-505
Room: 16x18+ with some open area, so sound can bleed
hitsofmisses

Sorry to go on and on in this.   There are actually a couple of S1200U 3D models up for sale on usaudiomart for $2800. Wow!  low price, actually. 

In most cases I agree with atmasphere's comment that a separate 2-channel preamp will be better (in most cases) than any HT Processor.  However, this Krell S1200 with my power supply mod is pretty freaking amazing, in my opinion.  I would actually put it up against many other 2-channel preamps (unless we are looking at Krell Illusion/Phantom with separate power supply level).

The S1200 does not support 4K video over HDMI (only 1080p).  If you don't care about this, then I would say S1200  would be the best ht processor choice and also great preamp for 2-channel analog sources.

Atmasphere also commented that 5 channel amps have shared power supply.  That is definitely a restricting element if you watch high volume movies.  When you are listening to 2-channel music only, it is less of a problem.  However, a separate Parasound A21 for left/right would definitely be an improvement.  Though, an S1200 preamp/processor would be a better first step.

Oh, and upgrading the main fuse in the A51 or A21 amps to Furutech rhodium will increase the body and make the sound less thin.

For education, the Krell S1200 can do lossless decoding and playing of the following audio formats, but only over HDMI (which is fine since you're using Oppo 105 as a source):

- DTS-HD MA (bluray)

- Dolby TrueHD (bluray)

- Dolby Digital Plus (such as Netflix streaming).

The S1200 is absolutely excellent in decoding and playing the above formats.  For all other decoding, such as old school Dolby Digital, DTS and 2-channel PCM, it is better to use digital COAX to transmit this.

The reason I would avoid running the Oppo directly into the amp is the volume control. Running it at lower volumes reduces resolution.

I would run a line section and use the Oppo with the volume up all the way, then use the volume control of the line section to set the right level. This technique works well- the improvement in resolution is easily heard.
Since I intend to pass Analog Audio (only) from XLR/ RCA (stereo & 7.1) of Oppo BDP-105 to Parasound Halo A51 amp via a preamp:

What you guys think of Parasound Halo C1, C2 or P7 preamp? I think they all have sufficient options for analog audio input & provides XLR output for the A51. 
Out of these 3, is there any model which will do a better job than another? 
I think with P7, you can not do room calibration using a mic. In that case wouldn’t a C1 or C2 would be a better option even though they are a bit outdated? 
Also, how do they compare to Krell S1200U?