Is it possible to get Hi-end sound ??

Hi guys,
Now, that I am inspired with this hobby, I would like to as you if is it possible to get Hi-end sound without to spend a fortune or selling the home ??
I am poor and want to find the way to do it if possible.
Some ideas !
Thanks,
Jorge.
dvjorge
Jorge,
It is possible to have a good system.
sometimes you get lucky looking at Craigslist, Goodwill, eBay,etc.
Tell us how much you have to spend and we'll try to help.
You have to be constantly watching the ads to get the best deals before someone else does. Yesterday (but not on Audiogon)I saw an Adcom Tuner/Pre, Adcom 545 power, Sony CD, a cassette deck, Celestion SL6S speakers with stands all for $250 total. Even something this cheap could sound good in the right room with some attention to detail.
George, GET OUT NOW! If you stay you will surely become infected. No one gets away clean. Everyone starts out like you wanting to get in on the cheap. They start out that way and wake up two or three years later and wonder what the hell happened to all that money. Branislav's experience as mentioned above is pretty typical.

I'll bookmark this thread and check on you in two years.
The answer is yes. Ebay and Audiogon are your friends. And it is true that this hobby is the "land of unquantifiable experiences" where opinions come to die. Perky huh? I'm a musician, I have an acoustic piano in my listening room, I play guitar for money, I'm old-ish, and none of that matters when it comes to my personal taste in gear and its reproduction, as well it shouldn't. The good news is the fact that GREAT stuff is available for not a lot of money in both used and new gear, and if you're lucky like me (and Elizabeth...weirdly female name for an audiophile by the way) you'll actually listen to some music and REALLY enjoy it.