Is this rude?

I'm looking to buy the best speakers I can, used, for around $2000. I'm looking at JM Lab Electra 906 or 926, Joseph Audio Rm7si mkII's, and possibly Sonus Faber if I can find a great deal. The only way for me to hear these speakers is to go into high end audio stores and essentially pretend to be interested, already knowing that I won't be buying from them. Is that rude? I just don't see any other way to make an educated decision...

Also, does anyone have any reccomendations as to other brands to check out? I'd prefer floorstanders (the room is about 17 x 13), but I'd be willing to consider large monitors as well.

Thanks!
omains
It's one thing to go to a audio store just to listen to a specific speaker, or any component. That's what they are there for. Audio salespeople have heard about Audiogon, they know about the used maket. Its their job to demonstrate to you that the extra money spent buying from them will off-set the preceived advantages of buying used equipment.

However, to my way of thinking, in addition to listening to a component, if you go to seek their expertise and and product knowledge with no intention of buying, now you are taking their intellectual property under false pretense...and that (in my opinion) is wrong.
Shalom Slaufer. My comments pertaining to Eddaytona's Talmud reference were meant to clarify that those laws only apply if a Jew is dealing with another Jew. If a Jew is dealing with goyim, there are different protocols that are allowed. This is in accordance with Talmudic teachings.
I have been in retail for 35 years and can assure you that most all of the operations that had an opinion that the tire kicking or looking and etc was dishonest etc would soon have few customers walking in the door. You opened your doors to offer items for sale. The customer walking thru that door has taken his time to come in so stop crying and sell him something.Stop the we get full retail only crap and deal. Sell him something he did not know he needed or wanted. If you have a product and SERVICE then SELL IT.Audio sales are one of the very very few that try to obtain full retail prices for goods with the I can ONLY sell at retail or I lose my dealership.
Do not ask a customer for full honesty if it is not returned. Do not try to sell a piece of crap to a customer because you can.Do not hint at service you cannot or will not give after the sale. And do not treat customers as if they have no idea about high end even if they do not.
Salesman sell the correct product for that customer Honestly and with good intent before they cry about tire kicking. If you see used product for sale and do not know if it right for you the research may include a dealer visit.Give him a chance to practice his job and then make him an offer for his New item and his service and horse trade IF HE WILL. He will most likely hit you with the standard MSRP line and lose a sale to another who will or to used product.
It costs many retailers more to stock and finance product than it does audio dealers and they bargain for sales.
Audio is a product and a passion each must decide which is more important and follow that course. Audio is in trouble sales wise due to lack of salesmanship and service after the sale and the driving away of potential new customers.
When was the last time you paid MSRP for a car ot TV or almost any item? High end audio needs tire kicking and some ass kicking to wake up to save the industry.
Bigjoe brought it up and Slappy refined it. None of this is about products or the feelings of salespeople. Products will sell themselves or send you on your way somewhere else. This is about the salespersons time to shine as a helpful person. I may go in say that I'm leaning toward some other speakers but I wanted to hear these first. The seller could tell me a bit more about the speakers i want (good or bad) compare them to something he/she sells and even offer suggestions about some I hadn't thought about yet even if they're not sold here. Now, I walk out after auditioning speakers in this salon but not buying. However, I'm thinking "what a great salesperson, helpful, considerate and MOST IMPORTANT, I'll go back there to buy something they sell next time and buy from that specific salesperson. How many times have we bought from someplace because we had no options but walked out thinking "I wish someone else had this product because the person I had to deal with was a rude jackass"? This is where Internet sales come from. I just bought a VPI 16.5 from Larry @ Hollywood Sound, thousands of miles from where I live, because of the conversation we had. I called just to ask questions about the VPI and we talked about audio in general. I was doing some research for a possible Xmas present 6 months from now. But after the great interaction w/Larry, I approached my wife about purchasing it now. Six days later it showed up at my home. I'd deal w/Larry again in a heartbeat. Great customer service doesn't mean a SALE, it means REPEAT BUSINESS! It's ALL ABOUT CUSTOMER SERVICE period!
I have never had a problem when I have been honest and upfront with people. If someone came up to me and asked me to spend some time for my expertise, I would be able to make a clear decision if I have the time to do it. Also, I love talking to people about what I love, which most great salespeople or experts do, so I might be very willing to go beyond what I would do normally. If I sense I am being manipulated, I don't want spend anytime with that person.

My suggestion: Just be completely honest and forthright, and see what happens.