Jeff Rowlands Amp and Dac vs. VAC amp and DAC

Hello, I am new to this forum but I have a question. I am trying to pair an amp + DAC with my Wilson Sabrinas. I have listened to Jeff Rowlands integrated with the Aeris DAC. And the VAC Sigma integrated with the Aeris DAC. Price is a factor and so is space. Does the 625 need a pre-amp? Any suggestions or thoughts? 
rinpoche
Thanks, Mapman. On June 11 and June 12 I had posted the following in this thread:
Regarding interconnects, if I recall correctly all of the equipment possibilities that have been mentioned would be suitable for use with balanced XLR interconnects. While opinions about cable selection tend to be all over the map, as you may have seen in any number of other cable-related threads, FWIW my suggestion is that initially, at least, you simply purchase some inexpensive Mogami Gold Studio balanced cables. And who knows, despite their modest price you may find them to be suitable for use permanently.

Those cables, by the way, are the de facto interconnect of choice in professional recording studios worldwide....

... Regarding the interconnects that would be used at the output of the Aeris DAC, I note the following statement in the Aeris’ description:
Transformer balanced XLR line outputs provide outstanding output common-mode noise rejection, eliminate potential ground loops, and ensure compatibility with other equipment.
I also note that it has a 120 ohm output impedance, which although not especially low is considerably lower than in many other designs.

I suspect that those factors will result in that DAC having somewhat less sensitivity to cable differences (at its balanced analog outputs) than would be the case in many other circumstances. Especially if the length that is necessary is only 1 meter, as most analog cable effects are proportional to length.
Regarding the comments about low capacitance in my posts earlier today, the capacitance per unit length of Mogami Gold Studio is somewhat higher than in the case of most of the cables Guido suggested, but the short length that is required should make that difference inconsequential.

Best regards,
-- Al

Yeah, why not try Mogami too, it costs nothing? However, pro-audio and audiophile audio are not the same things. One of the differences is that they would try to save every cent to increase the profit, we would not. I tried DiMarzio cables, something very popular with musicians as guitar amp cable. Yngwie Malmsteen comes to mind. Good cable, no match for Purist. I did try RCA though.
Okay, so my dealer just emailed to say that I have to return the loaner to the shop. Now I need to really decide. I will figure something out. Does anyone know anything about Siltech 770i (Or some such number)? There is a used pair for sale. And/or I can get the same Crystal Cable at a not too too bad price for sale. Or, buy something -- dare I say it, new?

rinpoche,  if you need 1 meter length and want to buy yourself time to look around and decide upon what you really want without having to rush into a purchase I have an extra pair of unused balanced Silnote Audio Morpheous ICs that you can have and be yours to keep at no cost to you. If you're interested in my offer send me a message as I'd be happy to help you out; if not no problem.