Jimmy Fallon has a Mcintosh turntable

He showed it last night on his cell phone. He was playing a picture disc of Barry Manilow.

taters
Taters, my comment about driving down the price of LPs is pure conjecture and based on a ton of variables, so what I stated is by no means guaranteed (hence the "could" qualifier.  

That said, I was being optimistic that normal patterns will follow.  If mass market demand rises, typically so does competition and in turn production and supply. Cellphones, computers, and indeed oil are contemporary examples, but automobiles, air travel, cruises, and other one-time niche items are all examples of this phenomenon.  When the LP market is limited, there is no incentive to startups nor for existing suppliers to produce in large quantities, so the concept of scarcity is credible and recovery of investment at unit cost means high prices.

OTOH, the biggest limiting factor is press capacity and unless there is continued discovery of dormant presses or manufacture of new ones, then we could indeed see increased competition for supply (and higher prices).  And that would indeed suck for those of that are true afficianodos vs. fashionistas!

Kjweisner,

I noticed recently that Acoustic Sounds one of the largest producers of vinyl in the country has raised the price of some of their LP's by 5.00. 
Isn't the Mc turntable essentially a re-branded and re-packaged version of someone else's turntable?  Can't remember what brand and model, but I don't think Mc developed the thing from scratch.

Mordante, Point well taken.  I am an American. I do know who these people are, and they are not important.  You're not missing anything. I like Henry, though.

Sumiko Blue Point?  With that other megabuck gear? Blecchhh.