Jolida JD100...giant killer or all hype?

Ok guys, I am going to make an hour drive friday night to pick up one of these at my local dealer. Having read all the feedback here and at AA, it sounds as though this is THE cdp to own under 2K. Seeing as how vinyl is my primary software of choice, I am not looking for the digital holy grail. Just something that will better my soon to be gone Theta Data Basic II/Audionote DAC 1.1 combo. Any thoughts?

Oz
128x128ozzy62
I think the Jolida JD100 is priced exactly as it should be. I think the player fits in perfectly there.

The giant killer is the Music Hall MMF25. I heard both the Jolida and the Cambridge C640 today at separate friends' homes, and have to say the Music Hall beats them both. While I have a player that retails for 5X the Music Hall's price, it isn't that much better than the Music Hall I also own.
Right out of the box with about 50 hours on it (dealer demo unit) it sounded pretty good. Lots of air and extension and excellent bass. The midrange was a little thin however, so I yanked out the Sovteks and put in some RCA Cleartops. Better, but still not as fleshed out in the mids as the Theta/AN combo. I have let it run since Sunday continously and will revisit it in the next couple of days. It definitely has some real potential, so I am hoping that the extra break in time will get me there.

Oz
The Jolida is the real deal. 1) Get rid of the stock 12AX7 tubes and go for NOS Sylvania JHS 5751WA Gold Label triple mica blackplates (last pairs on Audiogon went for 150/pr - pricey but wait to you hear the sound, and I've rolled plenty of tubes including the GE triple micas). 2) Get a Chris VenHaus cryoed Flavor 1 PC, and throw the stock PC away. 3) Get rid of the stock tube dampers and get some Herbie Hal-O 9 tube dampers. 4) Burn the unit in for about 100-200 hours. 5) Enjoy the music. Use liberally for a great time.