Joule VZN-100 users: Are you keeping the amp plugged in at all times?

Hi-

Im a new VZN100’s owner. Enjoying them tremendously.
The Manual say it is recommended to keep the amp plugged into the ac at all times, thus keeping the driver tubes on at all times. Obviously the Power tubes are being shut down with the variac.

Must say it feels strange for me to keep them little tubes on 24/7. Especially when leaving the house.

What are you doing?

On the topic, what is the shortest time of not listening that you find justifies shutting the power tubes off?

As far as power, it is an 800w consumer, no little baby...Where do you like to get it’s power from?

Last, i get that buzz, an issue that’s been beat up here in the past, just wondering if someone suddenly says something i haven’t heard on the subject.

Any thing else from experienced users would be cool to hear.

Thanks
Rea
128x128dumbeat
I'd call the company and see if you can talk to the engineer / designer.   S/he will have opinions on this to be sure.   They can tell you where the trade-off is between shutdown and simply leaving them on.  

It isn't just the hours of idle time between listening it is also the amount of time you listen to them.   Tubes can take a while to warm up and sound sweet, even though they are already playing music.