Just listened to Focal Sopra 2 on Devialet 130Pro

A little spare time on a saturday afternoon, decided to go take a listen to the famous Sopra 2 from Focal at my nearest audio shop. With my girlfriend, who played candy crush on her phone during the whole listening session...yup she s not into audio at all...lol

The speakers were paired to a Devialet PRO 130. At first sight, impressed with the speakers finish and quality of craftsmanship.

About the sound... first time listen to Devialet all in one with the SAM thing, and having read a lot about it I was ready to be impressed. The verdict , clearly the electronic does not do the speakers justice...My home gear is much better than the Devialet...as it should be at 3 x the msrp of the Devialet.

So...disappointed by Devialet, maybe their top rig is much better, will have to try it in a near future.

About the Focal Sopra 2, well I left the shop not knowing if they were a step up from my Verity Audio Rienzi.( 10k in 2009) Would need to try them at home, or paired with some gear on par with what I own.
techno_dude