KEF R107 Perfect Replacement Tweeter

For all original KEF R107 owners, the weakest link with this world class speaker has always been its tweeter. Even new or restored tweeters still haven’t quite lived up to the superb performance of this classic speaker. Well, If you still have your 107’s and want to give them new life, try this tweeter ( https://www.midwestspeakerrepair.com/shop/home-audio/mw-audio-mt-1191-1-inch-dome-tweeter-for-kef-10... ). It’s from Midwest Speaker Repair, and it’s built to the exact specs of the R107 and R104/2, and it outperforms the original T33 tweeter by a mile! I have two pairs of head modules for my R107’s, one pair with the fully functioning original T33 tweeters, and one pair with the replacement tweeters. The modules with the new tweeters wins hands down! No contest! The new tweeters are cleaner sounding, more dynamic with a much bolder sound. The whole system now sounds energized and more lively, a huge leap in performance! These tweeters are readily available and only cost $44.95 each! I know I searched high and low for replacements until I accidently ran across these. The mounting screw holes for the R107 faceplate don’t line up with the replacement tweeter screw holes, but that’s easily overcome by tapping new holes on the tweeter face ring or adhering the R107 faceplate to the tweeter face ring with gorilla glue as I have. Or simply have a new faceplate made. Just wanted to pass this on to R107 owners.
gerryjones