Leben 600 with Omega Super 6 or Super 8

I am in process of picking the LEBEN-600.
Since i cant make my B&Ws run with this lovely amp with nostalgic looks, i have been looking for single drivers.

So its either the Super 6 XRS or Super 8 XRS for me.

Shall be a pleasure to hear from friends, who know the signature of both Super 6 XRS & Super 8 Alnico XRS.

I have a room size of 12x12 for now BUT will be moving the set up to a living room of dims - 30x30 approx.

Questions:

1) Does the sonic signature differ for both Super 6 XRS & Super 8 XRS.

2) I am looking for a larger soundstage (as anyone else) with an enveloping sound. Need to know the ideal/optimal room sizes for both of these speakers.

3) I am presuming that LEBEN 600 shall be ideal for either.
128x128trehansid
Spot on Charles,
We are as correct as TVAD, he has been kind enuf to point things out. Which i quite a gesture.

I have faced people intentionally misleading myself and also others for their personal benefits or plain simple jealousy. So it feels nice to hear from sane souls and to know that gooddness prevails.

Anyway, shall love to invite anyone willing to share experience on www.theAudiophile.net , it shall be great to have open minds like you all with intention to share and push good hi-fi sensibility. Hope to see some of you there, The forum is supported by Cardas & Vipera cables (Denmark) for now.

P.S. In the meantime i heard from someone here who is to quote me for Assembled Wavac kit with 300B's + custom single driver speakers. Shall share details.
DIfferent starting point but same result...
Charles1dad (Threads | Answers | This Thread)

If the OP can starts with the Leben CS600, then his system will sound differently depending on whether he opts for the Omega, Audio Note, Devore Audio, or other speaker. The end result will not be the same at all.

Speakers affect a system's overall sound to the greatest degree. There is no other element of a system that is so sensitive to owner preference.

This is the reason why it's recommended that one select a speaker first, and then match an appropriate amplifier.
@ Tvad
While you amay not be incorrect, i feel that it was easy for me to move around with my amp than a tower speaker to various shops for auditions.

While my way could work for me, I am just another audiophile with another opinion to just listen the opinion of, but do what one feels is right.

Ideally, i would prefer to switch both amp and speakers with options available, if i am at a huge hifi shop to audition.
In my many varied experieces I`ve found that the power amps can impact the character of a system as much as a speaker change. For instance substitute a SS class AB amp with a DHT type be it SET or PP, very very different!
The above discussion is of tremendous value to all. Although I agree with Tvad that choosing speakers first is best when possible, the simple fact is, the OP already has one hell of an amp in the Leben 600, and will have many excellent, conmpatible speakers, e.g., DeVore, Omega, etc., etc., to choose from.

Trehansid - Please keep us apprised your speaker quest progress. And if you do happen to hear John DeVore's Orangutan speakers with your Leben or another (preferably) tube amp, please let us know your impressions!

Enjoy the process!