Levinson 431, Theta Dreadnaught, Classe CA2200?

Hi,

I'm looking at all three of these to use with the Revel Studio. I have the speakers but no equipment yet. I like the looks of the Classe but not sure it's the best choice of the three. Can anyone give me their thoughts on the matter?

Thanks
richieg
I own a pair of Salons and give you an inexpensive alternative. I use a Proceed AMP 5 and use 4 of the 5 channels to run the speakers. I just split the input at the amp end so I don't need two sets of cables. You run two speaker wires or just a set that is biwired on both ends. It has been my experience that there is much synergy when you use the same equipment.(Harmon) I had the same experience with an all CJ system using Wilson speakers. A Proceed HPA 2 could be used as well. Just my two cents.
I would agree with Sdcampbell, but would add that if you want any significant volume from your studios, I would go to the ML 432 or 436's, they are pretty power hungry. For this reason as well, I would forgo the Dreadnaught (unless you need multichannel) and consider the Theta Enterprise monoblocks, which I've listened to with both the Salons and Studios and really did a great job with them. Personally, when I get my Salons soon, they will be run by ML (either 432 or 436's) amps and I will 'keep it all in house' so to speak.
Richard Hardesty, who publishes the "Audiophile Perfectionist Journal", did an extensive review of amps -- both stereo and multichannel -- about a year ago, and the Theta Dreadnaught was his top choice for multichannel. Based on what I've read and heard (I have not heard the Classe), I don't see how you can go wrong with either the Dreadnaught or the Levinson.