linn sondek tt

Does anybody still buy this? I just noticed many of their old dealers are gone.i wonder why?
theoriginalthor1
 @tzh21y  The old Linn cartridge would go a long way to explain why you heard what you did. Scantech made Linn cartridges years ago...and currently make their Kandid cartridge ( which is a very nice cartridge). Unfortunately, the old models from decades ago, leave a lot to be desired. 
Also, I am no fan of the Linn speakers and amps, they are typically veiled and not that resolving. Therefore, the end result would probably be like you described;but I can tell you, with the table and arm set up correctly, plus a great cartridge, like a current Lyra, the table sounds nothing like you described...and easily betters the VPI and the Technics. IMHO, there really is no contest.
The context is very important here, and unfortunately what you heard is not what a top of the line LP12klimax truly sounds like.
Unipivots have their own unique strengths .. I went from an Ittok to the Aro.. I was quite shocked at the differences of the 2 arms.. The Aro/unipivot was musical, relaxed music flow was excellent.. But the very low bass was somewhat missing and not so punchy.. Ideally I'm love to combine the best of both. Yes, tonearms do affect the overall sound,  so take note when comparing unipivot vs non-unipivot tonearm systems. 
If the OP is asking "does anyone still buy these" the answer is yes, and that's because it's an excellent product.  

Mine is less than a year old, and I was able to get it as a lightly used ex-demo for less than 50% of regular retail with a full new warranty.  It already had a Lingo 3, and my local dealer - who is excellent - switched out the arm and cartridge for new ones before I picked it up.   For me that's a fantastic value.  My dealer set it up in my listening room and it's never needed a single adjustment since.  

Some seem to forget there's no right or wrong with audio.  What one person likes another may not.  Sound is subjective, but build quality and the like are not - and here again the LP12 for me scores well.  It is a quality, well-built, well-engineered product.  I'm glad I have one, would recommend it to others, and look forward to upgrading mine as we go forward.  
Hello,
i have been owning an lp 12 for over 30 years now, never had complaints. Recently i bought a secondhand sondek akkurate with keel upgrade, since i am not pleased with the sound i removed the akito arm which has the looks of a 3b but the type nr under the tonearm says 2b. That's rather confusing. Has it been upgraded to 3b or is it a 2b with only some cosmetic changes?
I own a Mcintosh amp and I love it, not bad for a European, don't you think?
Greetings from Belgium.