Living Voice Mystic Mat Experiences

Anyone try it? Is it still available. Is it worth it? Is there anything better. How about a Vacuum Mat?
dgad
I have used the Mystic Mat and have had good results, but record mats are turntable and system dependent.

In my system and with my turntable, the music was more dynamic and the backgrounds became blacker with instruments better located in the sound stage, & bass improved. Other folks with the same turntable and electronics heard similar changes to their systems but didn't care for the over all presentation.

I am sure they are still available, carbon fiber is expensive right now due to world wide shortage of the material and they were always quite expensive anyways.

Look an Audiogon for a used mat and try it, if you don't care for it in yoru system, you should be able to sell it for close to what you paid for it.....
Bbenn,

Thanks for the response. Pluto is advocating strongly for thier turntables with a copper submat. I have a copper submat on my table & thus I am very curious.
I used it on a VPI Aries with great results. I thought it made the overall presentation more quiet with great dynamics. I know that Harry at VPI is not a fan but I can tell you it worked for me.
I use it together with Rudolf Bruil´s Outer Record Ring and a record weight on my Scheu Premier (Eurolab in the US), and was flabbergasted by the improvement: better defined bass and voices, better soundstaging. The improvement was greater, in fact, than upgrading from my 1500-Euro-Ortofon Venice to a 2500-Euro-Ortofon Vienna. I can not recommend it highly enough. I followed the opinion of both Michael Fremer and JR of soundscapehifi.com, who both wrote, or told me, that it was the best mat they ever tried. I cannot comment on that, as I did not try any others, but on my player, the Mystic Mat works wonders.